The Next "Star Wars" Films Will Reportedly Take Place During "The High Republic" Era

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Now that The Skywalker Saga has concluded, Lucasfilm is hard at work on the next chapter of "Star Wars."

According to Making Star Wars's Jason Ward, the next movies will take place during "The High Republic" era, a time period that predates the prequels by 400 years.

While this will not be a trilogy, the films will be interconnected.

Sources with Ziro.hu claim that the plot will involve "a group of Jedi setting out to explore the then-unknown regions of the Galaxy."

The Jedi would "get involved in numerous adventures and conflicts with three different types of enemies, the darkest being ancient evils, Sith gods of some sort."

This is reportedly part of a large-scale franchise shake-up called "Project Luminous."

The multiplatform project, which will begin with a video game, is supposedly Disney's attempt to create a Star Wars Cinematic Universe.

As far as we know, these stories would be separate, but also connected, similar to the MCU. The more one would see, the more it could be enjoyed, with the different plots culminating in the style of the Avengers movies. The main Jedi characters would also have different strengths and powers, similar to superheroes.

" The more one would see, the more it could be enjoyed "

The more you buy, the more you save!

Pfft.. still planning everything around selling **** ... I may work regardless, but a little sad.
I know most people tolerate commercialization of things, I do too... But its just being taken to extremes that are a turn off for the most part.

The timeline doesn't matter. They need to tell stories that are not subterfuge for current agendas and focus more on just making something enjoyable.

Does anyone care at this point?

This prequel crap is stupid. By doing prequels you are strongly constrained by the story you told so far. Moving forward into the future gives you more flexibility. Also, if I wanted to have to pick an influence for design, I'd much rather the aesthetic of the originals and the most recent three rather than the prequels.

If they go back ten thousand years to the foundation and peak of the jedi Order then they have an open book on stories to tell. Tech can be greater or lesser as they see fit. I'm just curious if they will focus on the aliens in the giant space station that are the source of all Force abilities. Maybe, maybe not... only time will tell. ;)

Become a Patron!
Back