What GPU(s) are you running in your main rig?

I didn't buy an RTX 2080 Ti for ray tracing. To be perfectly honest, I knew it wasn't going to be fast enough and there weren't going to be enough games using it to really make use of the feature. I bought it because it was the best single card option for 4K gaming.

I totally wasn't implying. I'm not in the 4k game yet but I've been waiting for consumer level real time ray tracing since I first started getting into 3D animation/art in high school some 25+ years ago. I'm super excited to see what the tech is going to become once it matures a bit.

I didn't buy an RTX 2080 Ti for ray tracing. To be perfectly honest, I knew it wasn't going to be fast enough and there weren't going to be enough games using it to really make use of the feature. I bought it because it was the best single card option for 4K gaming.

I as well. RTX can be interesting to tweak with but modern 4k games need the biggest hammer you can hit them with.

Currently running a 1080Ti. At my resolution, it still maxes out whatever I through at it.

I'd love for the 2080 Ti to drop in price....but until a 4K monitor comes out that I think is worth the upgrade, I'm going to be sticking to the 1080 Ti for some time.

I totally wasn't implying. I'm not in the 4k game yet but I've been waiting for consumer level real time ray tracing since I first started getting into 3D animation/art in high school some 25+ years ago. I'm super excited to see what the tech is going to become once it matures a bit.

and even then, with a 2080 Ti it still isn't powerful enough for ever game at max settings at 4K, new games do give it a run for its money at 4K, 4K isn't quite licked yet, be a couple generations still IMO, especially trying to introduce raytracing into the mix

Running 1 EVGA 1080ti Hybrid. I had 2 but I mostly only play VR, so not much use for the 2nd.

Running a refurbed EVGA 1080 FTW.

- I bought a used EVGA 980 Ti back in Sept. for $220, fan started rattling, RMA'd it and BOOM. Got a 1080 back! Best "deal" I've ever personally encountered.

GTX1650 its a beast :)

I will probably upgrade at some point this summer.

Just a Gigabyte GTX 1080 8GB running 2 24" 1080p monitors .. 1 60hz Acer and a 144hz old Asus 1ms

MSI 1080ti pushing the Dell 27" 1440p Gsync 144hz but about to be moved over to the media center to perform 4k TV and VR duties instead.

Single 2080 Ti FE on a PG27UQ at UHD 4K (3840x2160) running at 98 Hz.

MSI 1070 Gaming X. Bought from Kyle's fire sale at a great price.

Become a Patron!
Back