Whats your Antivirus Solution? What do you use?

IceDigger

Quasi-regular
With all of the antivirus programs out there what is your favorite?

Do you Choose a different one every year or stick with your favorite?

What AV brands/packages do you despise?

I personally use ESET for all my windows machines and linux machines. Yes they have a linux version. And yes I do resell it too and **** good prices if you need it ;)

I still despise the Norton and McAfee AV from the nightmare days back in the 90s and 2000s when they really messed up your pc.

I've been using Norton for at least three years here and no issues. Had a bad experience with Kaspersky so I avoid them. I have used Eset in the past and liked them also.

Windows Defender in conjunction with a free OpenDNS account is all I've needed for some years now. I'll run scans with other programs on occasion, but never find anything of significance.

Agreed on MS Defender, I have used almost every company at this point, and McAfee /. Symantec at work (above average secure network). At this point, I just run defender and run a manual sweep once in a while (when the family has been on my machine). The MS reps we work with are proactive and communicate well.

Windows Defender. Ran Avast for years on my personal machine, but decided to leave it out of my last fresh OS install. So far so good, knock on wood...

Myself... I just avoid shady websites and spam e-mail :oops:

For many years I've been an ESET NOD32 user, and if my memory serves me right, last spring was when I finally stopped using it for no other reason than just forgetting to renew the license. Been using Windows Defender since.

I didnt even know people used AV for Linux installs..Been sticking with Defender since my last ESET ran out....No infections then and none now....And its one less item i have to deal with

Windows Defender. Same as a lot of you guys.

At all times possible I delete or disable AV software on my personal machines. Anything else its Windows Defender.

Anyone else notice that Windows Defender updates have changed names recently?

Used to be something to the effect of "Definition update for . . . ." but in the last couple of weeks they've changed to "Security Intelligence Update for . . ."

Reactions: _k_
Eset although it can be a little over protective about what websites you can use.

I used them for a while years ago, but can't remember why I stopped. I think they just got too expensive.

Become a Patron!
Back