• We're doing a weekly newsletter recap - if you want this for your inbox, sign up here - http://eepurl.com/gLrSUj

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X for $400 or under

Grimlakin

Semi-regular
That is a LOT OF CPU for 400 bucks. I'm glad that deal is out there. Even though I was too early for it.

Grimlakin

Semi-regular
Microcenter... how I wish I had one nearby.
I was in there yesterday to get a water cooler. Looking at the lines INSANE LINES I just put it on the shelf and said next time. I even did the pickup thing that promises to have the part in 18 minutes. They were so over booked that they couldn't keep up HOURS later. I decided to say eff it and skip it. I don't NEED it right now.

Burticus

Sort-of-Regular
I have a 2700x. I'm waiting until gen 4 comes out later this year. Then I will cycle the parts between my system and get rid of the worst one (FX8320 is the low man on the pole in my house, not counting laptops)

Grimlakin

Semi-regular
Burticus are you going to keep your current motherboard or upgrade at that time as well? I think i've read rumore that the Gen 4 will be the last to use the AM4 socket. If so I might be tempted to upgrade from my 3900x to the last cpu for this socket.

Become a Patron!