ASUS PG43UQ 4K/144Hz HDR1000 43″ Monitor with DSC Available to Buy, If You Can Find One

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
ASUS-PG43UQ-1024x576.png
Image Credit: ASUS

ASUS debuted a new top of the line display back at CES 2020. Over the course of the last 60 days they have begun to appear with retail sellers. Most recently it has become available in the U.K. for £1,538.95. In the U.S., if you can find one, they have been listed for around $1499.99.

ASUS ROG Swift PG43UQ Specifications

Size: 43″Panel Type: VA w/ anti-glare screenResolution: 3840×2160Refresh Rate: 144HzAdaptive Sync: G-Sync CertifiedResponse Time: 1ms MPRTDisplay HDR1000Display Colors: 1.07 BillionColor: 125% sRGB/90% DCI-P3Contrast Ratio: 4000:1Connectivity: 2 x HDMI 2.0, 2 x Display Port 1.4 with DSCAudio: 2 x 10W Speakers, 3.5mm in/3.5mm outUSB: 2 x USB 3.0VESA Wall Mounting: 100 mm...

Continue reading...

Jaw drops....
I need one of these to pair with my 2080ti...
But I can already imagine getting upset at the majority of games in which I cant hit 144 FPS LOL.

Jaw drops....
I need one of these to pair with my 2080ti...
But I can already imagine getting upset at the majority of games in which I cant hit 144 FPS LOL.
I have to agree. The timing of this isn't the greatest. Not the worst price though. For someone stuck on much older display tech it could be really nice. Otherwise, I've got a LG C9 itching for a new card with HDMI 2.1 to rock 4K/120Hz/adaptive sync.

I keep getting the upgrade bug for a monitor. It seems like there are a lot of upcoming models so I'm really trying to hold off. This one looks nice, but may be too large for me.

This has been listed on Amazon for 2 months now and was in stock when I wanted to get one, but instead I was for reviews and now after seeing a review I want it more and it isn't in stock!

At CES, NVIDIA was showing off an HDR400 monitor next to an HDR1000 monitor and there was a huge difference in how the scene looked between the two, specifically the explosions going on in the cutscene...

Oh a TN? Count me out. I’m not getting paid to game so I want it to look gorgeous on my monitor.

Same thoughts here. It seems like IPS is the way to go from what I've read. My current monitor has a VA panel, so would like to see what I've been missing. Looking at all the choices is pretty overwhelming.

Last edited:
Same thoughts here. It seems like IPS is the way to go from what I've read. My current monitor has a VA panel, so would like to see what I've been missing. Looking at all the choices is pretty overwhelming.

One of the best things about my current monitor is that it's IPS. I don't think we're going to see an IPS gsync 4k monitor that's over 32''. I'm waiting patiently for the OLED or QLED technology for that. It's going to be a long wait. It's a shame, because I do miss gaming on a 16:9 format. Less compatibility issues.

Yeah, IPS has the color game down. Rich, bright colors. I'll rock my 27" 2K 144hz Gsync display until something better comes along.

One of the best things about my current monitor is that it's IPS. I don't think we're going to see an IPS gsync 4k monitor that's over 32''. I'm waiting patiently for the OLED or QLED technology for that. It's going to be a long wait. It's a shame, because I do miss gaming on a 16:9 format. Less compatibility issues.
Just wait for one of the new LG OLED TV's to be released in a couple of months https://www.flatpanelshd.com/news.php?subaction=showfull&id=1584440751 about the same price as the monitor in the OP, but at 55" instead, will make it a hell of a deal.

I have no need or want for a 55" monitor. Nor a 43" monitor. I mostly play shooters, and a screen that large is a disadvantage.

Now, if I was building a racing setup, sure. All day, go big.

That's the thing about monitors... there really isn't a one-size-fit-all for everyone, and the ones that try to accommodate everyone cost a lot. Take this Asus monitor as an example. Come release, it's something I'd be interested in, provided it actually performs as advertised. Its predecessor unfortunately came short in the department it was meant to hit the best, and that's the color uniformity. And with a $4k asking price, that's not something you want to see. I guess we'll just have to wait and see if the updated UCG monitor will do better.

Also... a 32" is a sweet spot for me. I can't imagine having anything bigger on my desk right now.

Last edited:
I honestly cant do these massive TV sized monitors. 32 would be my absolute max as I have a tripple monitor setup.

Reactions: _k_
I honestly cant do these massive TV sized monitors. 32 would be my absolute max as I have a tripple monitor setup.
I am at an even smaller size, 27, and feel like my abilty to focus on the entire screen is at its limit.

I am at an even smaller size, 27, and feel like my abilty to focus on the entire screen is at its limit.

My biggest problem with 27'' is that it's too small of a size to really get full advantage of 4k.

It's all relative, and another thing to consider is the viewing distance. I sit about 3'6" - 4' away from my monitor (32"), and find it to be adequate. It honestly feels similar to when I first got my 24", but I was also sitting closer to that monitor than I am right now. The 43" in OP in the promo shot, appears to be sitting on top of what looks like a media center, which makes sense if you want to play from your couch, and I think anything bigger than that is meant to be used as such.

Become a Patron!
Back