One Threadripper to Rule Them All as Threadripper Pro 7995WX 96-Core Hits over 100,000 in Cinebench R23 Benchmark

I've not seen HP locked CPUs. Only Dell and Lenovo.

You can buy a 7v12 (64 core, 128 thread) with motherboard and RAM combos on eBay for $1500. Pretty cheap for the amount of computing power they have.

I just prefer to buy the ASRock motherboards instead of the Supermicro ones. The ASRock boards boot much faster than the Supermicro. Which realistically isn't a problem once the system is up and running, but I'm super impatient.

I've got:
Dual motherboard setup with 2x 64 core CPUs (ROME) and 5x P100 GPUs.
Single motherboard setup with 1 64 core CPU (ROME) and 6x P100 GPUs.
Single motherboard setup with 1 32 core CPU (ROME) and 6x 3070 GPUs.

My favorite thing about these setups is the IPMI (BMC) remote management hardware/software built into the boards that allow full control of the system remotely including access to the BIOS. All from a web page.

Future plans include replacing the 32 core CPU with a 64 core part.
Two more 64 core ROME single board setups.
One 64 core Genoa single board setup.
I'd be curious to know what you need all of that compute and GPU power for.

I've not seen HP locked CPUs. Only Dell and Lenovo.

You can buy a 7v12 (64 core, 128 thread) with motherboard and RAM combos on eBay for $1500. Pretty cheap for the amount of computing power they have.

I just prefer to buy the ASRock motherboards instead of the Supermicro ones. The ASRock boards boot much faster than the Supermicro. Which realistically isn't a problem once the system is up and running, but I'm super impatient.

I've got:
Dual motherboard setup with 2x 64 core CPUs (ROME) and 5x P100 GPUs.
Single motherboard setup with 1 64 core CPU (ROME) and 6x P100 GPUs.
Single motherboard setup with 1 32 core CPU (ROME) and 6x 3070 GPUs.

My favorite thing about these setups is the IPMI (BMC) remote management hardware/software built into the boards that allow full control of the system remotely including access to the BIOS. All from a web page.

Future plans include replacing the 32 core CPU with a 64 core part.
Two more 64 core ROME single board setups.
One 64 core Genoa single board setup.

I'm looking at picking up a 16-24 core Milan for my home server. They seem like they are finally starting to come down in price. Bonus if I can get my hands on an X variant. RAM has kept me from upgrading for some time, but used registered DDR4 finally seems to be more affordable.

Become a Patron!
Back