What is on your PC Gaming plate right now?

Took advantage of the xbox live gold to gamepass ultimate conversion for a discounted 30 month subscription and am using gamepass on PC to play through Gears5, my first Gears of War game. Single player campaign isn't too bad, maybe 2/3 the way through and it's beginning to get a little predictable and repetitive but still fun enough. Will probably move on to Shadow of the Tomb Raider next.

Finished up Shadow of the Tomb Raider. Thought they made a better story with this iteration that reminds me why Tomb Raider was so good but it was just missing a lot of the polish and tightness the game should of had.

I'm trying to finish NFS Shift 2, Sniper Elite and GRID 2. No time. I have federal deadlines to complete by the 1st of the year.

Finished up Shadow of the Tomb Raider. Thought they made a better story with this iteration that reminds me why Tomb Raider was so good but it was just missing a lot of the polish and tightness the game should of had.

I benchmark the game all the time but have never actually played it.

I'm trying to finish NFS Shift 2, Sniper Elite and GRID 2. No time. I have federal deadlines to complete by the 1st of the year.
I tried going back to GRID 2 , but after playing Wreckfest I couldn't do it. The riding on rails feeling in GRID2 is more noticeable now.

Wrapped upp Gears 5 a few weeks back. Rather short, but I appreciate a story-driven single player experience in this day and age.

Alright, don't taze me, bro, but... I've never played HL2. There, I said it. I don't know why I never did; can't recall. Maybe other games, maybe time (daughter was born in 04), maybe money, don't remember.

But, seeing as how I haven't started SOTTR yet, and holidays time off is coming up AND I've had the orange box for who knows how long, I'm finally going to fix this. Half Life 2 is what's on my PC Gaming Plate right now.

Reactions: _k_
I finished The Outer Worlds last week I think, it was a solid game but nothing groundbreaking. I might check out Rage 2 soon since it’s on the Xbox Pc Game Pass. Also wanna try Vampyr.

Fallen Order was good. Nothing original in terms of game play or really even story. However, it was solidly executed and its characters were reasonably interesting once you got into the game. The 2nd Sister was especially good and she serves as the primary antagonist. There would be a lot to talk about but I'll leave it spoiler free. The game does have some surprises in it and the worlds feel larger than they are. Its set pieces are absolutely stunning and it ties in well with Star Wars lore. The music, sound and feel of the game are spot on. The designs of some locations are taken straight from their source material.

The protagonist feels a little flat at first, but the more you experience the game the more he fleshes out. He reacts in realistic ways to things which remind him of his past. He doesn't develop as much as say Starkiller did, but he's a more grounded and realistic character.

My biggest complaints is relatively small, but here they are:
Lightsaber customization, while excellent doesn't allow you to stick to a single saber hilt, or run dual sabers all the time. There is one more issue here, but it contains spoilers.
Parry window timing is actually connected to your frame rates. This gives you 0.016 seconds to react at the Grandmaster difficulty if you were at 240Hz.
Character customization is a special low point. I understand the character has a fixed face, gender, etc. which is all fine. However, you can only change the color of his base outfit or remove and customize the poncho. By customize, I really mean picking a color pattern for it.
The game really needs a quick travel system. While there are some short cuts that can make getting to the Mantis easier, its a slog most of the time and these are not always available at every point on the map.
The map sucks. It's a solid design but it does a very poor job of showing you how the different sections connect and by displaying everything at once without filtering out other levels, it can be confusing to look at. These minor adjustments would have made it much better to use.
Cal's Force powers do fit the game's mechanics, however, you end up wanting more at times. You can't mind trick or anything like that. He also has what is possibly the worst Force jump of any Force user we've ever played in any Star Wars game. It works well but he can't jump particularly far.

Little things I've noticed:
All of the Clone troopers seen in flashbacks are all voiced by the same actor who voices them all in the Clone Wars TV show.
Plenty of references to earlier material such as the Clone Wars are in the game. On Dathomir, you learn of an "armored warrior" who wiped out the Nightsisters which is an obvious reference to General Grevious.
Force echoes tell various mini-stories of their own, sometimes interconnecting.

Over half way through The Wolf Among Us. I have played other TellTale games but by the end of the first segment I said "crap this is good". Makes the studio's fate even sadder given the great original IP that they never came back to.

These days it's Destiny 2 with friends and Witcher 3 for me time.

Closed out Wolf Among Us, started and finished Wolfenstein II, tried to finish Hydrophobia: Prophecy but a bug was preventing me getting past one of the act3 battles so I abandoned it. Started Jet Set Radio.

I'm pretty deep in factorio atm, it's so addicting, did have to watch a couple of tutorials to figure some things out, but now I'm starting to get the hang of it.

Currently my rotation is:

WH40K Inquisitor - Martyr
Fallout 76
Hardspace: Shipbreaker
No Man's Sky
Control
Wolfenstein: Youngblood

Horizon Zero Dawn
Borderlands 3
Try to figure out classes for Shadowlands

I played the latest content for the Ghost Recon Breakpoint expansion. It was certainly enjoyable. Despite that game's many faults I've had a blast with it. I've got over 200 hours in it. I've also been playing quite a bit of Destiny 2 when I have the time. Sadly, those two things are all I've been playing. I got Doom Eternal, but frankly, I haven't finished it and I don't know that I ever will. The ****ty ammunition economy and excessive platforming are a huge turn off for me.

The ****ty ammunition economy and excessive platforming are a huge turn off for me.

Same here, and why I never finished it. I have been playing some of the Wolfenstein genre as I got them on the latest Steam sale a while back.

Become a Patron!
Back