Zack Snyder’s Four-Hour Cut of Justice League Hits HBO Max on March 18

why 4:3 ratio?
I didn't even catch that. ?!? I only glossed through that review and haven't read others yet. My only guess is that some of the footage may have been some kind of test footage not shot with the normal camera but otherwise, that's just plain weird. I'm pretty bummed about that.

I didn't even catch that. ?!? I only glossed through that review and haven't read others yet. My only guess is that some of the footage may have been some kind of test footage not shot with the normal camera but otherwise, that's just plain weird. I'm pretty bummed about that.
I think its actually IMAX aspect ratio.

As far as I know most, if not all film is filmed in 4:3. It is cropped in editing to a widescreen aspect ratio. My info might be outdated, though. If you ever see RAW footage you'll see a white box within the frame that represents what the viewer will see. Snyder just decided to give us the film in its original format if I were to guess.
I think its actually IMAX aspect ratio.
Full IMAX is 1:1. All the trailers have 1440x1080 resolution, which is 4:3.

As far as I know most, if not all film is filmed in 4:3. It is cropped in editing to a widescreen aspect ratio. My info might be outdated, though. If you ever see RAW footage you'll see a white box within the frame that represents what the viewer will see. Snyder just decided to give us the film in its original format if I were to guess.
Was the movie filmed... with film?

Most of your modern digital cinema cameras support some pretty odd resolutions and aspect ratios, all of which are tuned for post-processing rather than final output. Same reason we have 40MP to 60MP digital photography cameras when most photographs will be seen on a phone, monitor, or TV that tops out at 4k's 8.3MP.

Thing is, almost nothing is 4:3, with the literal exception of the Micro Four Thirds format which is 4:3 as the name implies!

Was the movie filmed... with film?

Most of your modern digital cinema cameras support some pretty odd resolutions and aspect ratios, all of which are tuned for post-processing rather than final output. Same reason we have 40MP to 60MP digital photography cameras when most photographs will be seen on a phone, monitor, or TV that tops out at 4k's 8.3MP.

Thing is, almost nothing is 4:3, with the literal exception of the Micro Four Thirds format which is 4:3 as the name implies!
Well, it sounds like I might see about finding one of those sites IMDB sometimes references that report on how something was filmed. Who knows maybe we'll get lucky and when/if it comes out on disc there'll be some bonus material detailing it all.

Well, Its better than the Whedon version, that's for sure, I gotta say I didn't mind the 4:3 aspect ratio. Pretty good overall. Not nearly on the same level of marvel movies, but a good DC movie none the less.

It has its shortcomings though. Cameos sucked, I actually missed some whedon's scenes, mainly Flash jokes, and it seems that Snyder sort of assumes you watched Whedon's version, and even after 4 hours there are some plotholes.
The epilogue looks like some random leftover scenes stitched together, you can skip it, you won't miss much.

Oh he is. He pitched a fit about this movie.
Link? Not to be a dick, I've just been under the impression that Snyder was glad to do his own cut, even if it was on streaming. Interested to see his own comments on the matter.

I heard somewhere that he also wanted it to be black and white. I say why not go all the way then: Make it a black and white 4:3 silent film :p

Either way the 4:3 makes me laugh, I don't know what were they thinking. I wouldn't even pirate a 4:3 movie.

I heard somewhere that he also wanted it to be black and white. I say why not go all the way then: Make it a black and white 4:3 silent film :p

Either way the 4:3 makes me laugh, I don't know what were they thinking. I wouldn't even pirate a 4:3 movie.
funny that you mention that... ;);):p:p

Become a Patron!
Back