What is on your PC Gaming plate right now?

Played the 4th installment over the weekend. Didn't complete it yet, but they've added a bunch of new enemies, weapon attachments, new weapons and a skill tree to get different perks and even a vehicle you can drive in one level.

Can't wait till I get a chance to play some more.

Game plays fairly well at 4k. I was getting around 120 FPS on a 3090.

Played the 4th installment over the weekend. Didn't complete it yet, but they've added a bunch of new enemies, weapon attachments, new weapons and a skill tree to get different perks and even a vehicle you can drive in one level.

Can't wait till I get a chance to play some more.

Game plays fairly well at 4k. I was getting around 120 FPS on a 3090.
Gotta say, this came up on a page break for me, and I have no idea what game your talking about now. Serious Sam still?

Out of desperation for new games started playing midnight suns. Everything bad you heard about it is probably true.

Out of desperation for new games started playing midnight suns. Everything bad you heard about it is probably true.
You know me. I'm a Marvel nut but everything I read led me to avoid this one. I was quasi-interested in it until I heard about the card mechanic plus purchasable crap. It and Gotham Knights have gotten mixed reviews at best.

Pretty sure I'm going to put CB 2077 down for a bit before finishing the final mission just to take a break and then come back to knock out more of the NCPD ones. Probably going to play Portal a bit more since I never really gave it a shot the first time around then maybe restart RDR2 for the umpteenth time (all these years I've never gotten much further than beyond when they leave the mountain).

Mostly looking forward to The Witcher 3 but also not sure if I'll be able to still get into it after the many (maybe 5-10) times I've already replayed it since launch.

I hope Dead Space launches in a good state.

You know me. I'm a Marvel nut but everything I read led me to avoid this one. I was quasi-interested in it until I heard about the card mechanic plus purchasable crap. It and Gotham Knights have gotten mixed reviews at best.
The card mechanic and purchasable crap are the least of the game's problems. The card based combat is not as bad, but does make the game luck based rather than skill. There isn't much you can do if you get bad cards. Honestly it feels more like a mobile game than a PC game.

At the start of each turn you get dealt random attack cards from the available heroes decks. What I find stupid is that it is possible that all cards are for one hero, and the others don't even get any attacks for a turn.

It is also stupid that you have the most powerful avengers and superheroes on your team, yet you have difficulty defeating a few henchmen.

The real problem however is the extremely poorly written story and dialogue, and a forced home base exploration area where you must socialize with the other idiots. It feels like two completely different games were smushed together for no reason whatsoever. A poorly made TPS RPG, and a mediocre to OK turn based combat strategy game.

The combat can be enjoyable, but the rest is getting in the way of doing actual encounters.

Last edited:
Currently playing Wow Dragonflight, though the new flight mechanics are lame imo, at least you don't need to grab all the glyphs again on alts.

Also trying to find my way with the new talent system and the spells they removed or changed.

Anyone into Dwarf Fortress? It's awfully tempting now

Been playing a lot of COD MW2 lately and online also which I'm surprised I ventured into. Game gets boring playing against bots on the small amount of available maps currently. I am holding my own at age 50+ against these younger guys so far. Also been playing some older COD games offline on my secondary PC due to those not playing nice with the e cores of the i9, which is one of the reasons I went with the i5 in the back up PC to play these old school games. Also Wreckfest is something I play pretty much daily to get my racing fix.

Playing through yet another round of Mount and Blade: Warband - Perisno mod. I hadn't played it for a while, and thought I'd check out the newest version's features. It isn't probably to everyone's taste, but I enjoy it.

I have been playing some WoW dragonflight, but it does not grab me, I'm not a fan of the new flight mechanic, the revamped classes and talent system looks like a work in progress which might need another expac to come to fruition.

Still also playing a bit of Apex legends which I still suck at. For the rest doing another playtrough of Borderlands 3 and also trying to get back into Wonderlands with a new toon, but the constantly reused mini zones take a lot of the fun out of it (and remind me of dragon age 2 which is not a good thing)

I am still trying to force myself to get into Old World, which I paid for a while back. Also I need to finish Outer Worlds, another one I spent money on and left in limbo.

I have outer worlds I got for free. Started it and kind of just dropped out. Dunno why. I think I need to give that one another go.

back into D3 for a season, playing Pathfinder wrath of the Righteous, just got Baulder's Gate 3 early access. ummm... still mess with 7 days to die sometimes. Reinstalled Destiny 2 so I can play it with my boss. Uhhh.... ok yea I think that's about it... and why I have a 2tb drive on my gaming pc. ;)

How is it so far?
Game is good, but runs like piss on nVIDIA cards, It is literally unplayable on my 2080ti unless I completely turn off all RT effects, and even then it is not smooth, with sub 20 fps lows. With RT it goes to 1-2FPS in some areas, while remaining playable in others. But I haven't tried it with the latest NV driver yet that came out yesterday.

Game is good, but runs like piss on nVIDIA cards, It is literally unplayable on my 2080ti unless I completely turn off all RT effects, and even then it is not smooth, with sub 20 fps lows. With RT it goes to 1-2FPS in some areas, while remaining playable in others. But I haven't tried it with the latest NV driver yet that came out yesterday.
I'm surprised. I wonder if that performance issue is by design. Meaning Nvidia wants you to upgrade for the better gaming experience.

I'm surprised. I wonder if that performance issue is by design. Meaning Nvidia wants you to upgrade for the better gaming experience.
That's what I thought too, but why would the game devs be on board with that?

Become a Patron!
Back